May 25th is celebrated as Africa Day 2021 around the globe to mark the founding of the African Union 🌍🌍 This year’s theme of Africa Day is Arts, Culture, And Heritage: Levers for Building the Africa We Want.
As the Ban Ki-moon Centre boasts several programs and projects targeting Africa including scholarships and grants for Global Citizenship Education and more, we are happy to support the day! If you are wondering how you can contribute check out Nala Feminist Collective: A Pan-African group of 17 feminists with a mission to foster, enable and mobilize young women from Africa while bridging the gap between policy and implementation. Learn more about Nala here.
They are calling for 10, 000 signature for their Manifesto demanding:
- Economic Justice
- Criminalization of Gender-Based Violence
- Ending Gender Discrimination
- Access to Justice and Protection
- Sexual and Reproductive Health Rights
- Mental Health and Well-Being
- Inclusive, Equitable and Quality Education
- Digital Justice
- Silencing the Guns
- Intergenerational Co-Leadership
✒️Sign the Africa Young Women Manifesto demanding #GenerationEqualityhere.