As Chair of the Boao Forum for Asia (BFA), BKMC Co-chair Ban Ki-moon delivered a remark at the Opening and Plenary Session of the Boao Forum for Asia hosted in Ulaanbaatar on August 20th.
He highlighted the urgent need to work together across national borders to tackle the climate challenges the world is facing.
The session was moderated by Director-General Vorshilov Enkhbold of the Department of Foreign Trade and Economic Cooperation at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Mongolia under the theme of “Concerted Action for Common Development in the New Era.”
The other speakers included:
- Executive Secretary Armida Salsiah Alisjahbana of the United Nations ESCAP
- Secretary-General Li Baodong of the BFA
- Prime Minister Ukhnaagiin Khurelsukh of Mongolia
- Foreign Minister Damdin Tsogtbaatar of Mongolia
- Chairman Bayanjargal Byambasaikhan of the Business Council of Mongolia
- Entrepreneur Vice-President Xiaosu Meng of the China International Council for the Promotion of Multinational Corporations (CICPMC)
- Chairman Tongzhou Wang of the China Nonferrous Metal Mining
The participants of the conference agreed that cooperation of culture and education plays a significant role in regional development. Discussing the wide ranges of issues concerning the economic growth of the Asian countries, the conference also touched upon investment environment and economic prospects of Mongolia and corresponding government ministries of Mongolia delivered presentations at the parallel sessions.
Ⓒ BOAO Forum for Asia & NewsMN